12.07.2009

Say what?????

That was my reaction this afternoon around 1:30, when my hubby called to tell me that our house was ahead of schedule and would be finished Wednesday.  As in the day after tomorrow.  As in, what???  To further astound me, he informed me that the house will be delivered on Saturday.  During the stunned silence that followed, he told me to let the full weight of this sink in and then we'd talk.  Wow.  I was flabbergasted.  Amazed.  In complete and total bewilderment.  And then it sunk in.  And I realized just how stinkin' much work we have to do before Saturday.  See, all this time we were thinking we'd have this coming weekend to finish all our little projects.  But not anymore.  Had we realized this, we would have worked even harder and faster LAST weekend.  But it doesn't matter now.  What does matter is that we aren't ready.  As in, not in the least bit.  So what do we have to somehow get done before Saturday, keeping in mind that Jas can't take off work because he's already taking off next week?  Ok, here's the rundown . . .

1.  Get our electrical needs taken care of.  Jas has to meet with the electrical engineer this afternoon and go over the work order.  Hopefully he can put a rush on it!

2.  Get our well put down. 

3.  Get the septic system installed.

4.  Get the sill plate installed.  The lumber is cut, but we didn't install it on the basement walls last weekend because we still had another weekend to do that.  Or so we thought! :)

5.  Start and finish packing (that's MY project for this week -- fun, huh?).  I thought I had until next week to get that done.  So far I've packed one closet and some of the upstairs.  I need to pick up the pace.

6.  Buy paint, well pump, sump pump, water tank, and about 1,000 other little things.

7.  Try not to go crazy!

It is crunch time, as they say.  What we thought we had two weeks to accomplish has now been cut in half.  Not the things to do, but the time to do them in.  The good news out of all of this?  We should definitely be in before Christmas.  And that's just plain awesome.

**I apologize for inadvertently lying in my last post when I titled it, "Second to last weekend before house arrives".  Scratch that.  I should change it to:  "Last weekend before house arrives, suckers, and you don't even realize it yet!" :)